There are a lot of fun events going on in San Francisco this weekend, which means there will be a lot of traffic. Rather than sitting in all that traffic, everyone is highly encouraged to take transit this weekend instead. Note: transit may also be quite slow, as is often the case when 1/3 of Muni’s routes have to be rerouted all in one weekend, but at least you can read a book through all of it. Here is a summary of the Muni service updates for this weekend:
- The Lovefest parade on Saturday September 29 will close down a section of Market near Civic Center until about 3:00 pm, so all routes traveling through this area will be rerouted: lines 5, 6, 9, 10, 19, 21, 26, 31, 38, 71, and F. Routes 9X, 27, 30, 45 will not be rerouted but will probably have delays. The SFMTA website has the details of the rerouted stops (no guarantee they will actually follow this!), but if possible, you might be better off sticking to the Muni Metro subway, even if it involves some extra walking.
- For the Folsom Street Fair on Sunday September 30, Muni routes 9, 12, 19, and 47 will be rerouted for most of the day.
- Also on Sunday September 30 is the Bridge-to-Bridge Run, affecting small portions of Muni routes 12, 14, 21, 29, and 31.
- Possible delays on routes 2, 3, 10, 12, 18, 22, 30, 38, 45, 47, and 49 because of Waves to Wine, the California Coast Classic, and the SF Blues Festival at Fort Mason.
- On Sunday September 30, the Blessing of the Fleet procession at 2:00 pm will lead to possible reroutes and delays on routes 9X, 30, 39, 45, and the Powell-Mason Cable Car, but probably just for an hour or so.
- Motor coaches will be run on the 21 and 33 lines to move service around the sewer repair going on at the intersection of Fulton and Stanyan. (I guess this isn’t really a “fun event”, but it is a service update.)
Anyway, lots of fun around town this weekend. Have a great, transit-oriented weekend!